Sunday, November 23, 2008

The story of the couches...

Well, not a whole lot has been going on the last month! Just the normal work, school for the kids, homework, etc.... But we were supposed to get new couches, the key word being supposed to! So back in September we decided the time had (finally) come for new couches. Our other ones were still in good shape, but we'd had them for 10+ years, and it was time for a change.

We went to the furniture store and found some that we liked. They had several fabric options available other than what was on the floor model, so we picked the fabric we wanted. It's a velvet-y microsuede in a dark chocolate brown. Because it's not what was on the floor model, it was a "special order" and we were told it would take 8 weeks to get. So order it we did, thinking we would get our new couches around Halloween. A few weeks before Halloween they called us saying they were in and to schedule delivery! Wow, that was fast!

Then when they showed up, all they had was the love seat... seems the couch was on backorder. That little tidbit would have been useful when they called us. Because we had already arranged for our brother-in-law to come the same day and take our other couches. So we only had a love seat.

A few weeks later they called and said our couch was in and we scheduled delivery. When they got here, the delivery man asked to see where we wanted it put, and then saw our beautiful chocolate brown love seat. He asked, "Is it supposed to match that one?" Seriously?!?

Seems somebody had tagged the wrong couch...the same couch, but a different color. Great. So they took it back, and looked for ours in the warehouse. And couldn't find it! They think they mixed up the 2 couches and delivered ours to the wrong people, but they kept it. I hope they are enjoying MY couch! So the only thing to do was REORDER it!! Oh well, it's been fun only having a love seat for the last month and a half. Maybe I'll get my new couch for Christmas.

9 comments:

Erin said...

That is so frustrating!!!!!! I would demand some compensation!

Erin said...

Hey...I have been meaning to write you back! I gave Shelley the info to the temp job last week and she said they already found someone for all the days they needed. And I am working for Dr. Orrock!

Jake and Nicole said...

OH NO!!! I was wating for a picture. That's annoying!

Kristen S said...

I'll post a picture when I have both couches to show!

Amy and the boys said...

Oh that is sad! Is that the dang RC Willey place?

Kristen S said...

None other than rc willey....there's not a lot of options unless you go to slc. But that was ok b/c we found what we wanted there....if it will ever get here!

Kristen S said...

Stormi, if you read this, please add me to your blog! I don't have your email address! kshumway13@yahoo.com

Charity said...

I am so sorry! Sorry for sitting here and laughing. It will be funny when you finally get it, I promise.

{n} i k k i said...

i put up something for you on my blog... check it out!