Yesterday was Sara's 6th birthday, and we had her party earlier in the week. We decided on a "flower party" theme. When planning the party, we had great ideas for all kinds of outdoor fun and checked the weather accordingly. It was supposed to be a little overcast but still in the upper 60's....and then the day before the party the forecast changed and there was rain! That's Utah weather for you...or maybe we just have crappy weathermen. So we ended up doing everything inside, and it turned out ok! We had each girl decorate a flower pot and pick out a flower to plant in the pot (indoors with a bunch of 6 year olds and potting soil...scary!). Everyone got a flower to pin in their hair. We made tissue paper flowers into bracelets and strung beads to make necklaces. We played pin the flower on the flower pot and hot potato with a bouquet of flowers. And of course little girls love to dance to music whenever possible. Instead of a birthday cake, I made "dirt" pudding where you smash up oreos until they look like dirt and layer it with pudding, and then I put a few gummy worms on top. Sara got some fun presents, and everyone seemed like they had a good time!
The table all set before everyone got there...notice the gloomy weather!
The table all set before everyone got there...notice the gloomy weather!
All the girls
The birthday girl
Blowing out the candle on her "cake"


4 comments:
These are so cute! Your so creative! I'll have to call you when I need ideas for bday parties. I love it!
Happy Birthday SARA!! What a cute party Krisp! You are such a creative mommy! =)
What a sweet B-day party idea!!!! Jay will be 2 in July and we are going to have a train (or as Jay says "go-go") theme. Your girls are so gorgeous...just like their mama!
How creative and what fun little girl stuff- I love it! I cannot believe she is six. But we are celebrating our 7th anniversary today so it reminds me that on our 1st anniv, on our way to California, that we stopped at the hospital to meet little Sara. She was so tiny and had red hair from the beginning. Look how big she is. Ok, I gotta stop... sniff sniff.
Post a Comment