This week I decided it was time to finally get around to painting our bedroom. Pretty much every other room in our house has been painted except this one. My problem has been that I didn't love the comforter on our bed so I wanted to get a new one before I picked out a paint color. I am really picky about bedroom sets and Matt doesn't want it girly (that means no flowers or pastel colors). I also have to make sure I can find curtains to match...and I don't want to spend a ton of money on the project. This is our bedroom before: (a note about the curtains that don't match-- when I originally got the tan/red comforter I was going to paint the room tan with maybe one wall red and get tan curtains. But then I decided to go back to school and never got around to painting or new curtains!)
Friday, June 13, 2008
My bedroom project
Here is what it looks like now...I still need to get curtains but I LOVE the green color! (You can see the corner of the "work" table we used to put all the painting supplies--we still haven't put that away yet.) Any suggestions for something over the bed?
Posted by Kristen S at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
A nice mini-chandelier would look great over the bed...or something like this http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L10135020.jpg, but obviously in a color that matches your room.
Love the green. It's very calming! Great job on painting it and finding a comforter that matches so well. I'm sure you could sew some fabulous curtains to go along with it, you're so talented.
Is that bed the Hemnes from IKEA. We just got that bed but in the black/brown color and I love it!! I love projects like that!
No, it's a cherry wood bed from rc willey we got shortly after we got married...so it's like 13 years old!!
I love the new color!
Post a Comment