I finally got the curtains up in my bedroom! We painted the bedroom a few months ago but I hadn't gotten around to getting matching curtains up. Not because I'm lazy or anything, but because it's a little bit of a project, and I kind of procrastinated it. So I guess a little lazy. :) It's a project because they have to be able to block out light, because of Matt's work schedule. For those of you who don't know his schedule, he works 3 12-hour shifts on the weekend, and sleeps during the day. Which stinks on the weekend because we hardly get to see him, but is great during the week because he is home when the kids get home from school, and I can be at work and not worry about them.
Anyway, you can get this block-out fabric at Wal-Mart that blocks out the light (it's like what they have as a liner on hotel curtains). I had sewn it on the inside of our other (non-matching) curtains. So I had to remove the lining of the old curtains and sew it on these curtains. This way during the day we can use the tie-backs and have light in the room (which I love--can't stand a dark bedroom during the day!) and then when Matt needs it dark to sleep during the day, we just pull the curtains together and it's nice and dark to sleep. Matt also uses blue painter's tape to tape the edges of the liner to the wall so there's no light coming through the cracks. Sounds like a pain, but it's better than tin foil on the windows!!
Anyway, you can get this block-out fabric at Wal-Mart that blocks out the light (it's like what they have as a liner on hotel curtains). I had sewn it on the inside of our other (non-matching) curtains. So I had to remove the lining of the old curtains and sew it on these curtains. This way during the day we can use the tie-backs and have light in the room (which I love--can't stand a dark bedroom during the day!) and then when Matt needs it dark to sleep during the day, we just pull the curtains together and it's nice and dark to sleep. Matt also uses blue painter's tape to tape the edges of the liner to the wall so there's no light coming through the cracks. Sounds like a pain, but it's better than tin foil on the windows!!


3 comments:
They look BEAUTIFUL! You are such a great seamstress. I love how your room matches so well, paint, bedspread, curtains. Looks great!
Oh I didn't make the curtains, just sewed the liner in...I found them at KMart!
I was just going to ask you to come make me some curtains! :)
Post a Comment