Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wal-Mart Deli fun...

The other day I was at the deli at Wal-Mart getting some lunchmeat...ham & turkey. The girl working there asked what I wanted...black forest ham...and how much...three-fourths of a pound (because 1/2 a pound is not enough but a full pound sometimes goes to waste before we eat it all). She got the ham and then asked me "did you say four slices?" and I said, "No, THREE-FOURTHS of a pound." So she slices some then puts it on the scale...it weighs 0.30 on the scale and she looks at me and says, "Is that enough?".... I said, "No, that's only a third of a pound, I need three-fourths". She still looked confused, so I said, "It will say 0.75 on the scale". She still looked confused but sliced some more until it was enough. I never knew 3/4 was such a hard concept!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL! That is so funny!

Stormi Winscot said...

That is so funny, yet sad too. The degradation of society due to people that are unwilling to take full responsibility of their choices to come to America. (I'll get off my soapbox, but you are so kind and patient to teach the worker what 3/4 of a lb. is!!!!)

Kristen S said...

Oh no, it's even worse...it was a white girl!

Jake and Nicole said...

I'm laughing! That's so funny!!!

Jenny said...

Oh Kristen, I had to read this to Matthew. This is so darn funny.

Amy and the boys said...

This sounds like my experience at the salon. Me- "I'd like to leave a 20% tip." Girl: Hmmm. Me: What was the total cost? Girl: $40.
Then she gets out a calculator- pushes on it some and then consults someone else. I took her about 3 min to tell me that would be $8 in tip that I was leaving. I almost asked- are you sure?- just to be mean but I didn't. I was irritated b/c I had to get going fast. I kept trying to interrupt but she was too busy showing other people the calculator. SERIOUSLY.

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/begini-cara-membuat-kartu-keluarga-syarat-dan-kegunaannya