Friday, July 25, 2008

Hiking up Hobble Creek Canyon

Yesterday we went for a hike up Hobble Creek Canyon. It's a beautiful area that Matt has gone to mountain bike before, but the girls and I have not seen. Rachel is hiding behind Matt in this picture, unwilling to be in the shot.


This is part of the trail in several places...you can see the trail continuing on the other side of the wood planks! I asked Matt if he rides his mountain bike across that and he said although it would be fun, he walks it across to avoid accidentally crashing into the water.



The girls thought the wood planks were cool to walk across.


It was a hot day so of course the shoes and socks came off to check out the water...


Matt told Rachel he'd give her a dollar if she sat down in the stream....so what 8 year old would turn down a dollar?? Yeah, the water is COLD!


Sara thought that was a sweet deal so she wanted in on the dollar action.


The girls were checking out the rocks.



Here I am! I really was there, just the one taking all the pictures!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Very brave. I am not sure that I dollar would have cut it for me! I bet that water was freezing!

All About Me said...

Hey I've been there, and yes, it is a VERY good idea to WALK your bike across the planks, cause being the gimp I am on a bike I would fall into the water!! =)

Jake and Nicole said...

For a DOLLAR! Heck yeah!! That's so funny! Looks like yall had a good fun family outing! ;)